The 2012 Bears That Care Charity Online Show - Call for Artists
Show Opens at 12 noon on Friday, 16 November & Closes at 6:00 pm Sunday, 18 November
(Australian Eastern Standard Daylight Savings Time)
This year, our Bears That Care charity 'auction' has changed its format to an 'online show' to make it easier for artists from around the world to participate. The 2012 Bears That Care Charity Online Show is a very special Charity Show of national and international bears and is held to support the Ovcare (ovarian cancer) Research Team progress their research and the development of new tests for ovarian cancer. It is an absolute delight to invite you to be a part of our Charity Online Show for Ovcare. This event will provide a fantastic opportunity for supporters, collectors and bear enthusiasts to purchase unique, very special works of art in support of a cause that affects many women and their families worldwide. Our 2012 Bears That Care Charity Online Show will feature the premier bear artists from around the globe. Style, sizes and prices will be varied, to meet the wants and needs of collectors and artists alike. We would be honoured to showcase your amazing talents and would be thrilled if you would consider donating one of your outstanding pieces to the Show to help us raise funds for Ovcare. We could not hold this Show without you and hope that you will join with us and help ensure that the work in this critical area of women's health is translated into tangible outcomes for the future wellbeing of our communities that will improve the quality of our lives.
Participating Artists Will Receive
- a listing, with profile and picture, as a participating artist in the BTC Charity Online Show with a reciprocal link back to your site.
exposure 24/7 to thousands of collectors, shop buyers, bear enthusiasts and important industry professionals.
an opportunity for your donated "Bear That Cares" bear to be voted "People's Choice". The winner will receive further promotion by nominating either this bear or another from their collection to be the "face" of the 2013 Show. In 2011, at our Bears That Care Charity Auction, the very talented Michelle Lamb (USA) was awarded this honour with her donation of "Cosby" - who features this year in the Bears that Care 2012 logo.
in addition, we would like to offer you the opportunity to include images of up to two (2) additional bears from your collection on this site to further promote your own bear sales and your business.
All we are asking you to do right now and before you leave this page, is to REGISTER your commitment to donate ONE bear to the Show for Ovcare. You can decide later at a later date if you would like to take advantage of our offer to include up to two additional bears. All we need you to do right now is to sign up by completing your details in the box below and joining our mailing list.
Here is what you will need to do:
- Create your bear/entry for the show
- Ensure that you keep your entry "under wraps" so that we can build up the anticipation and excitement for the Show preview - we would like to keep all entries a secret to encourage as much interest in the Show as we can and ensure we get as many visitors as possible.
- Send us (email@example.com) 1-3 high resolution images of your "Bear That Cares" entry together with your bear's name and a description as soon as you can. Image & description instructions:
- Saved as "BusinessName BearName Image Number.jpg, eg BareCubDesigns Lilly-2.jpg
- Size - no more than 1 Mg
- Description needs to include:
Please Note: please send photographs and information as soon as you can, but not later than 4 weeks prior to the Show to allow us time to upload the information for our "Show Preview' that will be available one week before the Show.
- Entry Name
- Size in inches (cm)
- Fabric/materials used
- Other information - ie eyes, joints, special techniques used, filling, clothing, accessories etc
- Price (in Australian dollars) - we will create a "Buy Now" button and bears will be for sale at the price you provide to us.
- Your Email (to allow prospective buyers direct contact with you re purchase of other bears
If you would like to take advantage of the opportunity we are offering you to sell another 1 or 2 additional bears for yourself, we would need photos (using same specifications as above) of these additional bears 4 weeks prior to the Show.
Please also send to us as soon as you can a photograph and profile of yourself (or any updates to your 2011 profile for artists who participated in our Auction last year) that we can post on this site - we are really excited about getting your information up on the website NOW so that we can provide you with maximum exposure.
Please promote our Show to your collectors and proudly display this badge on your site - we hope you are as proud of being a part of this event as we are to have you on board this year.
Please note: This year we will not require you to send your bear to us - all you need to do when your bear sells at the Show is to send your bear directly to the successful buyer.
About Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian cancer is the most lethal of all gynaecological cancers. 230,000 women are diagnosed with this disease worldwide EACH year. ONE out of every TWO women who develop ovarian cancer will not survive past five years from diagnosis. Unlike breast and cervical cancers, there is NO screening test for the early detection of ovarian cancer. The NCHI and Ovcare team are passionate about changing these horrific statistics and ensuring that the risk to future generations of women is significantly reduced through the introduction of new tests for the earlier detection of this disease. You will be pleased to learn that our Ovcare team has made some significant achievements in recent times in the development of new tests for ovarian cancer, but more work is needed to make these tests suitable as community-based screening tests for the early detection of disease. The Bears That Care play now plays a critical role in ensuring the work of these dedicated researchers continues.
The NCHI is proud to support the Ovcare Ovarian Cancer Research Team in their endeavours and particularly proud of the innovative work being done to alleviate the devastating impact of ovarian cancer on our community. Your support of this work through your participation in our Bears That Care Charity Online Show will help us achieve real outcomes that will benefit all women, their families and our communities. Together we are making a difference and saving lives.
On behalf of the Ovcare Team, we thank you in advance for your support of our new format Bears That Care Charity event in support of ovarian cancer research and the development of new tests, and look forward to welcoming you as a participating artist in our 2012 Online Show.
To be invoved in the 2012 show sign up here
Please proudly display this badge on your blog and website. All you need to do is copy the code and add in your blog side bar using the HML Snippet
Show Terms & Conditions
- by joining this Show, artists undertake to provide to show organisers by 19 October 2012 at the latest a quality photo, description and the retail value of the "Ovcare" donation for the Show by 19 October 2012 at the latest, together with the images for your optional two (2) additional bears
- by joining this Show, artists accept responsibility for shipping their donated "Ovcare" to the purchaser in a timely manner at the conclusion of the Show
- by joining this Show artists undertake to provide an artist profile, including photograph, to be uploaded to this website as soon as possible, and in so doing give the organisers permission, at their discretion, to use this information to promote the Bears That Care Online Show and the artist